- Written by Scott R.
- Category: Policy
- Hits: 3931
The Sixth Tradition of Alcoholics Anonymous States:
"An A.A. group ought never endorse, finance or lend the A.A. name to any related facility or outside enterprise, least problems of money, property and prestige divert us from our primary purpose". Reprinted from The Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, page 155 with permission of A.A. World Services Inc.
On this web site you will find "links" to other A.A. web sites as well as links to non-A.A. sites. While this is done as a convenience for the people that use this site it should never be considered as an endorsement of those sites, nor is any site that we link to affiliated with District 15. We represent no one but ourselves.
To further clarify this for people that may not be familiar with A.A.'s Traditions.
...linking to other A.A. Web sites will often have the positive effect of significantly broadening the scope of a site. However, even when linking to another A.A. site, care must be exercised since each A.A. entity is autonomous, has its own group conscience, and may display information that another A.A. group conscience might find objectionable. There is no way to know when this might occur.
"Experience indicates that linking to non-A.A. sites is even more problematic. Not only are they much more likely to display non-A.A. and/or controversial material, but linking might imply endorsement, if not affiliation. In the final analysis, experience strongly suggests that, when considering linking to another site, proceed with caution."
Reprinted from "A.A. Guidelines - Internet" on page 1 with permission of A.A. World Services, Inc.
These two paragraphs clearly show the problems of linking to other websites and why these links must not be considered endorsements or affiliations.
Alcoholics Anonymous and General Service Area 60.
The District 15 website is not endorsed nor approved by Alcoholics Anonymous World Services Inc. or Area 60 of Western Pennsylvania General Service Inc. Some of the items on this site have been published by A.A. World Services Inc. and the Grapevine, but it is not to be assumed that their use implies approval by the General Service Conference or the Grapevine. Alcoholics Anonymous, A.A., and the Big Book are registered trademarks of Alcoholics Anonymous World Services, Inc.The Grapevine, A.A. Grapevine and La Viña are registered trademarks of A.A. Grapevine, Inc.
- Written by Scott R.
- Category: Policy
- Hits: 3133
The purpose of the Web site is:
- To serve the fellowship of District 15.
- To serve as a resource for the members of District 15, professionals working with alcoholics, the media, and the public at large.
- To provide accurate and consistent information about the location and times of A.A. meetings in District 15.
- To provide information about services and activities provided by District 15.
- To encourage participation of District 15 members, groups and committees in District 15 services and activities.
- Oversight of the Web site shall be the responsibility of the members of District 15 acting through their GSR’s.
- The Web Site Committee shall provide an annual report regarding web site activity to the Committee on Public Information (P.I.).*
- The Web site shall make use of existing A.A. materials whenever practicable.
- The Web site shall provide contact information to General Service Conference Area 60 and A.A.W.S by listing and linking to existing Web sites.
- The Web site shall provide contact information and assistance by including a list of Officers, Committee Members, Answering Services phone numbers and Email links where applicable.
- The Web site shall include selected Archive information and material.
- The Web site shall welcome users to make suggestions about the Web site design and content.
- This Policy shall be reviewed annually by the members of District 15 acting through their GSR’s.
The District 15 web site policy, reviewed and approved by the members of District 15 on January 5, 2016